What is an HHM Film Slam?
The HHM Film Slam is a coordinated event with Hell’s Half Mile Film & Music Festival (HHM) that pits filmmaking teams against the clock creating a fun, challenging and highly creative collaborative challenge by making a 3-7 minute short film — script through submission — in one weekend!
2019 HHM Film Slam
Following the HHM Film Slam short screenings, we will announced our winning short, which will be presented during the Hell’s Half Mile Film & Music Festival on Saturday, September 28. How cool is that?
This competition is limited to 10 teams.
We hope you join in the fun!
The HHM Film Slam Challenge was created with a simple goal in mind – Remove all the usual excuses and provide a simple framework for aspiring filmmakers to ‘get out there’ and shoot something that they can see on the big screen.
Our mission is to support filmmakers by making the most collaborative art form out there accessible to anyone that wishes to say, “I made a film this weekend.”
48-Hour HHM Film Slam – September 20-22, 2019
Screening and Awards at The State Theatre – September 28, 2019
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- The registration fee has been lowered for this event. Your $50 registration fee goes to the cash prize awards.
- Cash prize amounts to be determined by the registration fees collected. The Best Film will get 2/3’s and the Runner-up will get 1/3 of entry fee total. The more teams that enter, the bigger the prizes!
- The culmination of all your hard work is a screening of your film at The State Theatre. All submitted films (both late and on-time) will be screened on Saturday, September 28th, at 9am. After the screening, we will have a short panel discussion about the films and a cash award presentation.
- The Judges’ Choice from the eligible HHM Film Slam will replay during the Hell’s Half Mile Film & Music Festival during the Michigan Shorts Program also at The State Theatre on Saturday, September 28, 2019, directly following the awards.
Awards and recognition will be posted on the HHM Film Slam website
A QUICK LOOK AT THE HHM FILM SLAM
This is a Hell’s Half Mile Film & Music Festival event.
Because you will learn a lot about filmmaking in a short amount of time with the most fun.
Kick-off – 7pm Friday, September 20, 2019
Filmmaking – For the next 48 hours
Deadline – 7pm Sunday, September 22, 2019
Viewing – Friday, September 28, 2019 at 9am
Kick-off will be at the HHM Office,
721 Washington Ave. – Suite 203,
Bay City, Michigan 48708
Filming locations will be up to you to secure.
$50 per team, all proceeds go toward the cash awards. Hell’s Half Mile Events, is a non-profit organization dedicated to celebrating and expanding the art of independent film, music, and entertainment.
For more information please contact coordinator Tammie Stimpfel at firstname.lastname@example.org
This public group has been created for making connections with other filmmakers. You never know who you might meet.
Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. – Dr Suess
Film crew comprised of Ashley Smith and Luke ”Los Ghost” Losee.
Getting better every project.
Please direct questions to Tammie via email: email@example.com.
This year we are going to limit this competition to 10 teams, the number of members in each team can vary. We are planning on setting up a database for individuals to express talents and interest, thus helping with team development.
Although it’s easiest to have a producer, you do not need a production company to participate but you will need a team name and a team leader.
All creative process must take place during the Official Time Period. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Writing the script
- Costume/Set Design
- Sound Design
Things that can be established prior to kick-off are:
- Scouting and securing locations
- Securing equipment
- Organizing cast
- Organizing crew